Network Testing with Pytest
Pytest is the defacto open-source Python testing framework. Learn how to use Pytest to test your network, along with how to integrate Pytest with Scrapli, Batfish and Nornir/NAPALM.
By the end of this instructor-led session, you will be able to build tests using the Pytest framework, validate that the network is running as expected, and output your results as a HTML report.
In this live instructor-led session, you will learn,
- Introduction to Pytest.
- How to install Pytest.
- Pytest vs pyATS.
- Network test design.
- Creating and running tests.
- Commandline options.
- Yield fixtures.
- Sharing fixtures.
- Fixture scope.
- Test Parametrization.
- Fixture Parametrization.
- pytest-html (HTML generation).
- pytest-xdist (multicore processing).
- Prerequisites: Basic Python and networking knowledge.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Price: £145 / $195
- EU Session: 3rd May
- US Session: 4th May
- Remote instructor-led classes.
- Each student will have their own pre-built lab environment.
- Various exercises and challenges to work through.