In this lesson we will cover:
- What is AETest?
- What is Easypy
- How to create a test case and test script with AETest.
- How to create a test job with Easypy.
Intro to Test Cases with Python
So far, we have explored the different ways to query and parse our network devices to programmatically validate the network state. But how do we bring this all together? For example,
- Is there a standardised way to group these tests together?
- How would I run multiple tests at once?
- How can I perform reporting to understand what has failed and what has passed?
pyATS provides two components that provide exactly this - AETest and Easypy. At a high level:
- AETest is the test framework that we use to define the tests.
- Easypy is the run-time for running our AETest tests.