In this lesson, you will learn:
- How Suzieq works.
- About the various Suzieq components.
How Suzieq Works
Let's now look a little more at how Suzieq works. First we will look at the overall model that is used and then, in the next section, the different Suzieq components.
Suzieq works in the following order of operation:
- A poller polls the network for data.
- The data is normalized into a vendor-agnostic format.
- A timestamp is applied to the data and stored within the DB.
- The user then performs the necessary data analysis against the stored data via one of the various interfaces (REST API, Python library, GUI and/or CLI).
A key point here is that we interact with our data in a vendor-agnostic way. By this I mean: