Network Automation with Python I - Fundamentals
This 2.5-day instructor-led course provides a comprehensive and hands-on introduction to network automation using Python. The course covers the fundamentals of Python programming, along with how to work with data formats such as YAML and JSON, as well as leveraging REST APIs.
By the end of this course, using Python, you will be able to:
- Collect data from you network devices.
- Generate interface error reports.
- Build a simple subnet calculator.
- Work with REST API's to collect network data.
- Collect information from a network devices REST API.
- Use JSON and YAML data formats to work with network data in programmatic way.
In this course, we will cover:
Introduction to Network Automation
- Introduction to network automation
- Network automation principles
- Introduction to Python
- Installing packages
- Virtual environments
- Scripts, modules, packages and libraries
- Python data types
- Conditional statements
- User inputs
- Context managers
- Network libraries (ipaddr, rich and netmiko)
- Best practices
- Linting and formatting
- Introduction to APIs
- Introduction to REST APIs
- HTTP methods, responses, authentication
- Introduction to the Python requests module
- Introduction to data formats
- Basic networking knowledge
- Duration: 2.5 days
- Price: £1000/$1300
- 27th-29th March
- 22nd-24th May
- Delivery: via remote instructor-led sessions
- Whats Provided?
- Pre-built multi-vendor lab
- Hands-on tasks and exercises